Monday 6 July 2009

Carte Postale

"So maybe I should enlighten you on what happens in your absence. This selfish existance where this intravert turns extrovert and dons their social armour. I became the perfect party apprentice, with a PHD in sitting on kitchen counters and drawing my cheeks in and shooting you looks that I don't even mean. Hips that grind to scratchy indie hits and shoes that stick to nightclub floors...Well, you couldn't understand why I can't. You've never been up at four am with "The Fear". You've never laid on your bedroom floor half blind and you wouldn't love the girl that wakes up perspiring beer.

I cry much less these days. I can't help but wonder what happened to ninjas and adventure? My dreams are like flashes and they give me hope. In these dreams I grew the bones of a fighter while you were sleeping and I fought and I seduced from a terraced house that rides a hill in this dead little city. Cinematic mini-epics sobered by train lines and phone lines and I forget these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment