Saturday 28 July 2012

London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony.

Last night was the opening ceremony for London 2012. I'd been a bit nervous about this, Britain has the tendency for something to go wrong, or be a bit cheesy. But with Danny Boyle doing it, I had hope that it would be good. And last night, I sat completely in awe, it was just stunning and perfectly British in every sense. The opening scene of the British countryside was just so beautiful and peaceful to look at, exactly how the countryside is, but even when the scene changed to industrial Britain in still had a beauty in a more dramatic and dark sense.
I loved the fact the British humour and quirkiness came through, with the James Bond arrival of the Queen to Rowan Atkinson Chariots of Fire. It was all just so amazing, and I have a big admiration to the Queen for getting involved. So big up to the Queen!
An amazing collection of music as well played throughout, really makes you realise how much good music Britain has created, for me although I knew all the songs it hadn't fully clicked they were all British. Something else I didn't know was that a British guy invented the internet! Learnt something new every day and all that.
The touch of young people lighting the cauldron and to be fair the stunningly crafted cauldron itself was just such a good touch. It was simply a "just WOW" evening, felt extremely proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment