Monday 14 May 2012

DMU Foundation Show 2012

Had a bit a spare time between helping Tash with setting up today, so decided to go and have a look at this year's Foundation show. I did the same course two years ago now and its interesting to see what each year produces. To be honest, I wasn't wowed by most of it. However, there were a few pieces of work I picked out, that made me have a closer look and you could tell had had a lot of work put into them.
Going today has made me realise how far the style and quality of my work has come on. You don't really realise when you're right up close to it all the while. But going back and seeing where I was two years ago was actually a lovely surprise. So today has been quite a view on where I was, where I am now and where I should be this time next year, presenting my work in a fully professional manner. Quite scary to be honest.

On another note, saw my old tutor Heather today as well and had a small catch up. She is still the best tutor I've ever had and some days really wish she still was! Though to be honest, the textile tutors are by far the best tutors on this course. They don't seem to mess around like the others do!

No comments:

Post a Comment