Tuesday 29 May 2012

Today has been a mixture. It was Anj's last day at Rosslyn, its so sad! Definitely feels like a 5ft sized piece is missing. But other than all the sadness, we went for farewell for the summer tea at St. Martin's tea shop. Discovered their ice teas, okay there's only four but the peach one was delicious! Anj & Kate got the last pieces of mushroom quiche and the only other flavour was cheese and onion. Wasn't impressed. I do not like cheese and onion. But I did have a lush cherry and almond cookie instead, and an Auntie Anne's cheese pretzel later on so definitely not complaining. But Mum came and joined us at the Tea shop, so she's finally been to the place I've been going on and on about for weeks and telling her all about the teas I've tried. I also had spiced fruit tea, it smelt a bit like Christmas. No one else seemed to like the flavour, apparently it was too strong. Personally, I loved it. I'm generally beginning to think my taste buds aren't as refined as some people's, as I can't think of many things I don't like or will say no to. I'm sure someone else could list a million things I screw my nose up at though, its usually the case.
Anyway, back the story of today. Wandered around town with Mum, saw so many pretty things which I really can't buy any of but it would eat into the already very minimal summer budget I already have. Pfft. But Mumma is gonna buy me a new mug next week, as she confessed to breaking two of my mugs I leave at home. So YAY! So new mug! I really like mugs too much, don't I? 
Anyway, once I got home said a big goodbye to Anj and told I'm going to pester her on Skype constantly. Following her departure, we (me, Kate & Austin) decided on a spontaneous trip to Bede park for a BBQ of homemade burgers, and other meat goodies. And boy were they good! Cheeky game of frisbee too. Can't go wrong!
No real idea how to spend the rest of my week though. I feel like I want to do something constructive. So might put more thought into summer projects and maybe some extended essay research, though lets be honest, that might be pushing it a little too far don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment